Lamaze International has supported millions of women to achieve their desired childbirth outcomes using the Lamaze practices - Now that's a statement!
Lamaze education and their practices are based on the most current medical evidence available. Lamaze promotes a natural, healthy and safe approach to pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting. By ensuring our educators are Lamaze qualified we can assure you that the information you are receiving during our classes is of the highest standard available Internationally . To learn more about Lamaze international Click Here
To help to support the teaching flow of birth Lamaze International has developed the 6 Healthy Birth Practices:
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: LET LABOUR BEGIN ON ITS OWN
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: WALK, MOVE AROUND AND CHANGE POSITIONS THROUGHOUT LABOUR
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: BRING A LOVED ONE, FRIEND OR DOULA FOR CONTINUOUS SUPPORT
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: AVOID INTERVENTIONS THAT ARE NOT MEDICALLY NECESSARY
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: AVOID GIVING BIRTH ON YOUR BACK AND FOLLOW YOUR BODY'S NATURAL URGE TO PUSH
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: KEEP MOTHER AND BABY TOGETHER - IT'S BEST FOR MOTHER, BABY & BREASTFEEDING
To obtain a Lamaze certification our educators undergo a rigorous exam - OUR EDUCATORS KNOW THEIR STUFF!